Housing Transition Support

The Council provided supplemental transition funds to assist individuals with developmental disabilities to move from institutions to their own homes in the community in collaboration with the Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Demonstration (known as My Place Louisiana).  Through a contact with the Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities in 2008, supplemental payments were available to individuals with developmental disabilities for transition-related costs and temporary housing assistance.

My Place Louisiana continues to provide additional supports to individuals with developmental disabilities transitioning with a waiver from institutions to the community.  Program participants use the New Opportunities Waiver, Residential Options Waiver or Children’s Choice waiver for basic services and then receive additional supports from My Place Louisiana.  For more information about My Place Louisiana go to www.myplacelouisiana.org or contact, Faimon Roberts, My Place Program Manager, at faimon.roberst@la.gov or (225) 342-6718.