The Louisiana Developmental Disabilities Council is currently recruiting applicants to fill two upcoming vacancies on the Council.
Applicants for the first position are being sought from Region I (Orleans, Plaquemines, or St. Bernard parishes) and must be one of the following:
- A parent or guardian of a child with a developmental disability*; or
- The immediate relative or guardian of an adult with an intellectual developmental disability* who cannot advocate for themselves; or
- An individual with a developmental disability.*
- Please read the definition of developmental disability DD Councils are required to follow.
Applicants for the second position must be:
- An individual representing a private, nonprofit group concerned with services for individuals with developmental disabilities anywhere in the state.
The deadline for applications in order to be considered for these two positions is Thursday, March 22, 2018.
The Council welcomes applications for membership year round. Council members are appointed by the Governor and serve four-year terms. Whenever there is a vacancy, a membership committee of the Council reviews all the applications received throughout the year and makes recommendations to the full Council for approval. Names are then submitted to the Governor for his consideration. The Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act of 2000 includes criteria for all states to follow in selecting their DD Councils’ membership (including the definition of a developmental disability) and the Louisiana Council takes care to ensure our membership is in compliance with our federal law.
Applicants must be one of the following:
- An individual with a developmental disability;
- A parent or guardian of a child with a developmental disability;
- The immediate relative or guardian of an adult with an intellectual developmental disability who cannot advocate for themselves; or
- A representative of a local, non-governmental or non-profit organization concerned with services for individuals with developmental disabilities.
There are two options for filling out the membership application: 1) print and mail it, or 2) fill it out and submit it electronically.
Option 1: Download, Print and Mail
Download the PDF version of the electronic form below, print it, fill it out and then mail to the address below:
Council Membership Nomination Form
Developmental Disabilities Council
P.O. Box 3455
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-3455
Option 2: Electronic Submission
Fill out the form below and submit your information electronically.