Advocating to Decrease the Number of People in Private and Public Residential Facilities (ICFs/DD)
The Council promotes supported living for people with developmental disabilities in order for them to be active participants in the life of their communities. The Council:
- Advocate for initatives that allow residents of private ICFs/DD to obtain waiver services.
- Provides information to families, state agencies and other stakeholders about home and community-based service options
- Monitor Managed Long Term Supports and Services and advocate for an increased quanitity of services to be included in the reorganized system.
Advocating for the Expansion of Individual and Family Supports
The Council advocates for the expansion of individual and family supports to enable people with developmental disabilities to remain in their homes. The Council:
- Advocates for changes to policies and practices in the developmental disability system and for strategies to generate the revenue necessary to expand supports and services
- Advocates for and oversees implementation of the Community and Family Support System Plan