LaCAN Membership and Community Input Meetings 2021
Participate in your regional LaCAN membership and community input meeting to:
- Recap the 2021 Legislative Session
- Provide input on issues to be considered for the Louisiana Developmental Disabilities Council’s 2022 Legislative Agenda
- Meet with fellow parents, self-advocates, and LaCAN members
Take advantage of this incredible opportunity to receive valuable information about LaCAN accomplishments during the 2021 session and have your voice heard by sharing your ideas about what the Council should consider for its 2022 Legislative advocacy agenda.
These meetings are free to attend. If you have any questions or would like to RSVP for your regional meeting, please contact your regional LaCAN leader.
Dates, times, and locations are listed below and will be updated as additional meetings are scheduled. If you are not able to attend but want to make sure your recommendations are heard, please contact your regional LaCAN leader by phone and/or email.
- Regions 1 & 10: Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines and St. Bernard Parishes
- Region 2: Ascension, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberville, Pointe Coupee, West Baton Rouge and West Feliciana Parishes
- Region 3: Assumption, Lafourche, St. James, St. John, Terrebonne, St. Charles and St. Mary Parishes
- Region 4: Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, St. Martin and Vermilion Parishes
- Region 5: Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Jefferson Davis and Cameron Parishes
- Region 6: Avoyelles, Concordia, Catahoula, Grant, LaSalle, Rapides, Vernon and Winn Parishes
Region 7: Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, DeSoto, Natchitoches, Red River, Claiborne, Sabine and Webster Parishes
August 13, 2021
September 10, 2021
August Registration – CLOSED
(318) 226-4541 or
- Region 8: Caldwell, East Carroll, Franklin, Jackson, Lincoln, Madison, Morehouse, Ouachita, Richland, Tensas, Union and West Carroll Parishes
- Region 9: Livingston, St. Tammany, St. Helena, Tangipahoa and Washington Parishes