Monday, November 18, 2019
Baton Rouge Marriott
5500 Hilton Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA
8:45am – 3:40pm
(Registration and Continental Breakfast 8:00 AM – 8:45 AM)
The Louisiana Developmental Disabilities Council is excited to host its
biennial conference this November: “Navigating the System Across the Lifespan.”
The Council’s 2019 Conference will kick off with a keynote address on creating a
meaningful life from author, speaker, parent advocate, and former
Colorado Developmental Disabilities Council Chairperson, Katherine Carol.
Participants will have the opportunity to follow one of three different topic tracks:
- Childhood, to include early childhood, Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), and social engagement
- Adulthood, to include transitioning out of high school, post-secondary education, employment, and housing
- Supports, to include community supports, behavioral and medical supports, and financial planning
Registration costs are listed below and cover admission to all plenary and breakout sessions, continental breakfast, and lunch.
- $20 Individual with a Developmental Disability (DD)
- $20 Parent / Family Member of an Individual with DD
- $0 Direct Support Professional accompanying an Individual with DD
- $50 Professional / Other
A very limited number of stipends are available to individuals with DD and/or their parents who otherwise would not be able to participate in this conference. To apply for a stipend, send a request explaining your need with your contact information to [email protected].
Reservations at the Baton Rouge Marriott may be made by clicking here or calling 225-924-5000. Ask for the “LaDDC Advocacy Leadership Conference” room block to get a rate of $100 per night. The deadline to book a room at this reduced rate is Friday, November 1, 2019. Click here for a map and driving directions to the hotel.