The Council works to improve Individual and Family Supports and Services for people with developmental disabilities by advocating for:
- Starting compensation levels to be at or above the national average for direct support professionals.
- A certain percentage of the Individual and Family Supports rate to be dedicated to direct support professional costs (based on provider cost reports).
- The sharing of provider data online to assist individuals and families in making informed choices regarding waiver providers.
- Self-direction through the creation and dissemination of information emphasizing the benefits as well as the resources available to participants.
- Increased quality of services to be included in Managed Long Term Supports and Services.