LaTEACH merged with LaCAN in October 2016.
Advocating for appropriate, inclusive education for all students.
LaTEACH (Louisiana Together Educating ALL Children) was a statewide grassroots advocacy network between October 2004 and September 2016 for the purpose of effecting systems change. LaTEACH promoted appropriate, inclusive education for all students. LaTEACH worked to make parents, educators, the general public, and state leadership informed and supportive of research-based and effective practices used appropriately for each student.Parents, relatives, friends, teachers, administrators, higher education professionals, policymakers, and other interested persons need a reliable way to get timely, accurate information. Schools are the place students build enduring relationships with friends who will be neighbors, coworkers, employers, and future members of a church family. Schools need parental involvement and advocacy in building a sustainable system to support the needs of all students and to produce meaningful educational outcomes for all.
- We believe all students, with or without disabilities, should be provided the same opportunities to be educated in neighborhood schools as their sisters, brothers, friends and neighbors.
- We believe all students, with or without disabilities, need and should be provided with the support to learn together effectively, involving family, school and community.
- We believe all educators should be provided with the training and resources to teach students with diverse learning styles and needs.
- We believe all students, with or without disabilities, need and should be provided educational opportunities which address their individualized needs, use research based practices, result in meaningful outcomes, and prepare them for productive and satisfying lives.
- We believe all parents should take the lead through active participation and be given the training and resources to address their child’s individualized needs, use research based practices, result in meaningful outcomes, and prepare them for productive and satisfying lives.
- We believe that ALL students are valued members in society and can and should become fully participating and contributing citizens.